Thursday, September 3, 2009

I had told you...

I had told you that I Loved You, and that was the start,
Not knowing that it would lead to the demise of my heart.
I yearn for the kind of relationship that is true and steady,
But for that kind of commitment, you were not ready.

When I cry at night, and nothing can calm my fears,
and knowing that this dilemma is causing my tears.
I was confident that this would work out fine,
I guess I was wrong, I had crossed the line.

Although you don't feel the same for me, and it hurts to know,
but hopefully one day you will feel the same, and will tell me so.
I didn't say I Love You this time, didn't want to push the issue,
But know that you are in my heart, and I really miss you!

I wish that I could rewind time and make you forget,
For those three little words I wrote, for now I regret.
I'll lay my head low, and cry in my shame,
My Love for you, I will silently proclaim.

Until the day you are ready to give yourself to me,
Please forget those words, those words of three.
Let's go back to the way it was before,
that we both had met....and nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment